Celebrating 175 Years....

Our new church was dedicated and celebrated over several days in January 1930. Worship on Sunday January 19 included an address by Fred B. Smith of New York, moderator of the National Council of Congregational Churches. E.B. Gordon directed the “large choir” at morning and evening services that day, and Mrs. Homer M. Carter played the new Kilgen organ. That afternoon we hosted a public open house. Rev. Charles W. Gilkey, dean of the University of Chicago chapel, gave the evening address at a service planned especially for university students. The organ was dedicated at a public recital on January 21 featuring Walter Flandorf, nationally-known organist from Chicago.

 

Posted on July 21, 2015 at 10:12 am in Featured.

RSS Feeds