Social Justice Mission
“For I was hungry and you gave me food. I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me. I was naked and you gave me clothing. I was sick and you took care of me. I was in prison and you visited me.” - Matthew 25: 35-45.
The words of Jesus both invite and compel The Board of Outreach on behalf of First Congregational UCC to actions that serve the people for whom Jesus cared. We are called to acts of witness, compassion and empowerment.
Would you like to get involved?
- Monthly Community Meals-prepare or serve food
- Just Bakery-Sales at back of sanctuary every 1st Sunday
- Donations for Salvation Army Women's Shelter
- Food Pantry Donations-first Sunday of the Month
- St. Vinnie’s Recycle the Warmth Bedding Drive-January
- Meal for UW Students at The Crossing-February
- Neighborhood Picnic-June
- Summer Saturday Farmer's Market Food Collections
- Backpack/School Supplies Drive-July/August
- Community Thanksgiving Meal preparations-Tuesday/Wednesday