Sanctuary Grand Piano

The sanctuary’s grand piano was built by the Steinway Piano Company during the 1920s. It is believed that the piano was one of three originally ordered by a school in the western part of the state, and then sold off at a later date. This is thought to be the case as three pianos were located many years later, in various parts of the state, which were found to have consecutive serial numbers.

This 9-foot instrument was restored by Bob Hohf of Hohf Piano Works in the early 1980s. As Mr. Hohf found and purchased the other two pianos, his workshop grew too crowded to continue to store this instrument. It was placed on loan in our sanctuary for several years, until the congregation decided to raise the money necessary to purchase it.

In 2014, further renovations were undertaken by William Monroe.

The church also owns a Mason & Hamlin grand piano built in 1915, located in the chapel, which has also had some restoration work done by William Monroe, as well as three spinet and one upright piano by various makers.  In addition, in 2014 the church purchased a Kawai electric keyboard.  This purchase was made possible through a donation by one of our members.

RSS Feeds